Find Out More About Co-education
We have added the following link in order to assist you with gathering as much information on monastic vs co-ed schools:
Choosing the right school for your child is possibly the most difficult decision you will have to make and there is no easy answer when it comes to deciding if a single-sex school or co-ed school will be better for your child. Research is not even able to provide a conclusive answer.
Why do we choose to be co-educational?
- In an ever-changing world, children need to be exposed to the everyday living and working environment. It is not often that boys will work with only boys and girls with only girls;
- Society also demands that gender stereotypical roles are now often reversed – girls will be in charge of boys;
- Co-ed schools offer a variety of diverse curriculum activities which tend to eliminate traditional stereotyping of boys and girls into traditional categories;
- Boys and girls in a co-ed environment tend to view each other as equals and they develop a mutual respect for one another while learning to interact on a meaningful level;
- A more extensive range of after school activities can be offered as they can either participate together or separately;
- The girls and boys in one environment tend to create an equilibrium and there tends to be less adversity than in single-sex schools.
When making the final decision; ask yourself the following questions:
- How does my child like to learn?
- What interests him/her both in and out of school?
- What opportunities, socially, does my child have to get to know the opposite sex?
- What do you think your child should get out of school?